Thursday, July 18, 2013

37 Weeks: FULL TERM!

37 weeks today means that this pregnancy just hit FULL TERM! Little Caroline could technically come any day now.... I cannot believe it! I am praying she comes sooner rather than later. For the obvious reason that I cannot wait to meet her and kiss her perfect little face, but also because I feel like I am going to go NUTS over the next few weeks waiting on her arrival. I seriously do not know if there is anything left in our home to clean, organize, decorate, etc. {actually maybe I'm wrong... I do have our closet that I'd still like to organize, maybe I'll do that today}. The fact that I am now restricted to working from home is starting to give me a tad bit of cabin fever and only increases my desire to just constantly be preparing something, ANYTHING for her arrival. I had an epiphany the other day as Bennett and I were walking into Target to get a couple of things that were still lingering on our "need for baby list". As I was thinking to myself "Ok, after we get these things we will really be ALL ready", then my mind started racing "Well, what if we need this? So and so said we might could use this. Oh dangit I still need to clean this." That's when it hit me, there is always always always going to be something else that could be bought or done. We will never hit the point of "Ok it's all set and ready and all we need to do is just sit and wait"... mainly because I am just a nutso and am always going to find something else that we need to do or buy in order to make her little life just perfect. I finally realized that Bennett and I are truly as ready as we can be. The bigger question- is Caroline ready? All I know is I'm staying as active as possible and doing everything I can to bring on the labor. Bennett and I walked so long downtown last night that I did not know if my little legs were going to make it anymore! COME ON BABY GIRLLLLLLLLL
{I cannot believe I am 37 weeks preggers!}
{Maybe if I walk enough, she'll get the hint??}

Ok so as this whole pregnancy as entered the final stages, I've learned that there are several things I absolutely cannot live without. For all your pregnant ladies, ladies who might one day be pregnant, or heck even men who need a little peak into what it might be like... listen up.

Thing I Can't Live Without #1Zantac 150. Preferably the "cool mint" flavor that provides a nice refreshing relief on the way down. Can I get an AMEN from anyone out there who has experienced pregnancy heartburn? I read where one woman I know described it as someone sticking a curling iron down your throat.... couldn't have said it better myself! This stuff stays fully stocked in my purse at all times. In the rare chance that I run out, you better bet I'm immediately finding my way to the first drug store, Target, Wal Mart, etc and picking up a box of these little miracle workers. One in the morning + One before bed = Much happier mommy to be.

Thing I Can't Live Without #2: Body Pillow. And the sad part is that these days, as the belly continues to grow and grow, the body pillow doesn't even quite do the trick anymore. Don't get me wrong... it helps tremendously. But holy cow. The words "Sleeping Comfortably" are two words that I never knew I would miss saying so much. Over the past month when I was staying in hotels a couple nights a week for work, I literally almost got to the point of shoving my body pillow into my suitcase so that I could get a decent night sleep. Sleep without the body pillow = non existent. I stayed up from 2-4 am one night watching George Lopez on the Nickelodeon channel because I couldn't get comfy. {And I gotta say, funny show!} Do yourself a favor and don't ever ever ever try to go to sleep without one of these bad boys.

Thing I Can't Live Without #3: The handle thingy in the car directly above the window. Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about from that description? I believe some people so eloquently call it the "Oh Sh*t" handle... because you hold onto it for dear life when someone is a terrible driver. Anyway, never used this little gem until I rounded the third trimester. I drive an SUV so getting in and out of my car is easy {eh, easier} compared to getting in and out of Bennett's car. Sometimes I feel as if I'm literally stuck in my seat and need to just roll out like a rollie polie. Ah, but then I discovered how great the little handle thingy is. Grab onto that bad boy and just pull your big old self right out of that seat. I literally am not sure I would be capable of getting out of the car without it. Sad but true.

Thing I Can't Live Without #4: A Willing Husband with Strong Hands. Hellooooooo back pain! Holy cow. My back hurts all. the. time. lately. It hurts as I am sitting and writing this, actually. The terrible part is, nothing really seems to relieve it. I've found it hurts the worst when I'm sitting, second worst when I'm standing, and hurts least when I'm laying down. Isn't that convenient. Who wants to just lay down all day?? {Although Dr Sikes did order me to at least several hours a day bed rest, ugh}. Thank GOD for Bennett and his oh so "willing to help his wife" nature. He never complains when I ask for a back massage and actually even tends to offer it on his own accord. Poor guy too because it takes like an intense, hard, "dig your knuckles into my back" rubbing to make it feel even a little better. Bless him! Oh and I know I know, this probably means I will have back labor. YIPPEE.

I could probably go on for at least a few more paragraphs, but I think I'll stop at these 4 essentials. Keep us in your prayers as we wait for our precious little girl to join our family! And I'll go ahead and apologize now for the insane amount of pictures I am sure to be posting once she makes her grand debut. Here's to hoping she comes this week! haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment