Thursday, May 9, 2013

27 Weeks: Don't You Ever Grow Up

27 Weeks today and I literally cannot believe another week has already come and gone.... at this rate, I feel like I'm going to blink a few times and she will be here! I am pretty sure that every single day she makes her presence more and more known.... the bump is growing at crazy fast rates lately. As a matter of fact, when I walked in the door from work just now, I caught Bennett kind of looking and smiling at my tummy- once I made eye contact with him he grinned bigger and said "Your bump is getting really big even just since yesterday!". Righto husband, righto. Some stranger so nicely told me today "Girl you look like you're 'bout ready to go any day now!".... My response "uhhhh I still have three months..." Speaking of that, THREE MONTHS from yesterday to be exact! That is, if little Caroline decides to come on her due date which lets be honest, that more than likely will not happen. I actually have this persistent feeling that she is going to come early.... that probably won't be right either though becuase I also had a very very strong feeling that she was a boy. Clearly I was wrong with that one!

By now I'm sure it's no secret to those that really know me {well, and those that don't} that Taylor Swift is totally my guilty pleasure. Can't help it, love her alot lot lot. That said, Bennett and I were in the car the other day listening to ole T Swift, when this song came on that I hadn't listened to in quite some time... definitely not since I have been pregnant. I remember one of the first times I heard this song actually was right after one of my best/longest/known her my whole life friends, Lindsey, gave birth to her sweet little daughter Brinley. This was, coincidentally, the same month that I moved to South Carolina right after graduation for my new "Big Girl Life". As I was driving around my new city I really listened to the words of this song. Suddenly, all by myself in the car, I looked in the mirror and realized I had little tears running down my face. Well, the same thing happened the other day when Bennett and I heard this song together in the car. Only this time, I wasn't the only one that I caught getting a little teary eyed. The song goes:

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
{OK so here obviously the tears came from thinking about sweet little baby girl- at first little Brinley and now my own little Caroline}
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
{She is not even here and I already find myself just wanting to protect her from every little single thing ever. Starting to understand why my mom used to sit in my room at night when I was gone to college and just pray for me}
You're in the car on the way to the movies
And you're mortified your mom's dropping you off
At 14 there's just so much you can't do
And you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots
But don't make her drop you off around the block
Remember that she's getting older too
And don't lose the way that you dance around in your pj's getting ready for school
{First of all, she's nuts if she thinks I'm dropping her off at the movies when she is 14. Second of all, I feel like I should still be the one dancing in my pj's getting ready for school}
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred
And even though you want to, just try to never grow up
{The last couple lines here- I will single handedly knock out anyone who ever hurts this little girl. I dread the day that she comes home crying over a boy that broke her heart. Or worse... Mean, two faced girls. Again, starting to understand all those feelings my Mom has had}
Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room.
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone
{I can still see my childhood room, complete with my beloved American Girl doll that I plan to have in Caroline's nursery. And who didn't love jumping on their Dad's leg when he got home from work? I get teary eyed picturing Caroline doing that to Bennett like we used to do with my Dad}
So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder that I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on
{Apartment? What? You mean she has to move out one day? She's not going to stay a perfect little baby girl in her perfect little princess room forever?!}
Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
I could still be little
Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
Won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And even though you want to, please try to never grow up
Oh, don't you ever grow up
Oh, never grow up, just never grow up
Bittersweet, huh? Sorry for the length of that, just felt like I should share. Can't wait to have this little precious girl here and get to watch her grow into a wonderful amazing little lady, instead of just day dream about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment