Thursday, March 14, 2013

19 Weeks: A Miracle in Me

Our sweet little Caroline is growing fast, fast, FAST! Today is the 19 week mark which means almost halfway through the pregnancy and she has most definitely hit a growth spurt. Last Friday morning when Bennett and I woke up, there was a very noticeable difference in my little {now not so little at all} baby bump! The bump is officially not disguisable, not mistakeable, and not getting any smaller {I guess it is a good thing I finally told my boss on Friday.... better late than never, right?}! To be honest though, I actually kind of prefer being able to rock my baby bump. It is exciting for the world to finally know that I am pregnant and not just carrying around a bit too much  leftover holiday weight. Yesterday was the first day that I wore a top and pants that are both maternity. Although I can still wear my normal pants with the bella band, I actually very much prefer the maternity pants... can you say comfortable. I might hold on to those bad boys to break out every now and then when I eat a big meal {haha}. Along with the continued bump growth has come LOTS of movement! Feeling this sweet girl move around in my tummy is enough to make the most horrible of days seem so much brighter. Bennett is absolutely dying for the day that he will be able to feel her move too {we found out at our doctor appointment that she is actually laying under the placenta, which will make it more difficult to feel movement from the outside until later in the pregnancy}.
{This weeks BUMP shot}

Yesterday we had her anatomy scan at the doctor. I was so excited to get to see our precious little girl again that I could barely sleep Tuesday night, literally like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! She is growing nice and healthy- currently weighing in at a whopping 10 ounces and measuring two days ahead of pace. Bennett and I both agree that we fall more and more in love with Caroline Anne every time we see her. I never cease to be amazed at the miracle of life God has chosen to create inside of ME, and feel unbelievably blessed more than I could even describe these days. As a girl who grew up in church, a Christian school, and as a Christian myself- there has obviously never been a question in my mind as to whether or not the "idea" of conception, gestation, and birth is 100% a miracle that could never be crafted by anything other than an almighty Creator. However, something about having it happen to me.. inside of me.. just opens my eyes to exactly how BIG this miracle is and how much BIGGER our Creator is. This little baby is a wonderful miracle in me. {Again here, mommys and/or pregnant ladies- do you feel what I am talking about here?}

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"
-Psalms 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment