Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy Days are Here Again

 First day of the last week of the first trimester.... boy {or girl} that's a mouth full. Week 13 is here which means I am almost into my second trimester. Already?! It certainly seems like that happened fast! The good news is that all the rumors are true- it does seem that the incessant nausea and morning sickness dies down as you round out trimester numero uno. Can I get an AMEN to that. Another reason for celebration, my energy is {slowly} finding it's way home again as well. Most of you that really know me, know that it has been said multiple times that I may or may not be a direct descendant of the Energizer Bunny. Well, normal and non-first trimester-pregnant me that is. This girl's never ending energy has taken a severe hit over the past few months. While I'm still finding myself incredibly tired at night {I fell asleep at about 9:00 on Monday night and during The Bachelor of all things!}, my weekend self seems back to normal as this past Saturday I was up and at 'em ready to go way before the sun came up. I think Bennett would probably prefer my energy stay gone for weekend purposes. Poor guy is not exactly a morning person.

{A Bella WHAT?}
I purchased a bella band this week. Actually, I think it's technically called the "B Band" because it's the Target version. People sing praises of this thing so we will see how it works but I'm not going to lie, I am a little bit skeptical! I {thankfully} haven't had to actually put it to use yet, but am convinced it is only a matter of time. Lots of my favorite pants are getting just a bit snug around the waist/tummy. When everyone said the waist is the first to largen while your body prepares for child bearing, they were NOT joking. I feel like I've doubled in size already. Just my imagination.... I hope... In happier news, I wake up every single morning absolutely convinced that I grew a little baby bump overnight! My hopes are dashed, however, about 5 minutes after my eyes open and I take my first potty break of the day. That's when I realize that what I thought was a baby bump was really just my bladder. Bummer. Come one little baby, grow grow grow so Mommy can feel you!!!
*Isn't he HANDSOME?*
{The Moment of Truth}
These pictures didn't make my first post, but I thought they were too great not to add. This little tinkle stick is what first let us know we were going to be Mommy and Daddy! B snapped this pic right after I gave it to him, which I did in this little Christmas baggie. I think it's safe to say he expected anything but a pregnancy test in there when I brought it to him telling him I had a little gift for him. To be honest, this little stick and baggie is so precious to us because of the memory that we just can't get rid of either. However, I would like to take some suggestions as to exactly WHAT we should do with it. Right now it's literally just sitting on a counter {the tinkle stick inside the bag, don't worry}. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment